B17F Memphis Belle Aircraft
This is the Academy Boeing B-17F Flying Fortress "Memphis Belle" 1/72 scale plastic model airplane kit.
|Retail $53.00 SAVE 21% !|
1,191 Rewards Points
You Might Also Like
- Fully engraved panel lines and rivet details..
- All pieces are molded in a gray plastic..
- Highly detailed cockpit interior..
- Highly detailed bomb bay..
- Optional position landing gear and bomb bay door..
- Nose armament with clear canopy..
- Manually operated ball-turret in the belly..
- 4 paddle-bladed propellers..
- Tail gunner and waist gunner compartments..
- Authentic decal markings for: Memphis Belle, 324th BS/91st BG/8th AF June 1943 and Miss Ouachita, 322nd BS/91st BG/8th AF, Feb. 1944..
- Detailed pictorial assembly instructions..
- Scale: 1/72
- Approx. Length: 12" (30.5cm)
- Approx. Wingspan: 17-1/8" (43.4cm)
One 1/72 Plastic B-17F Flying Fortress "Memphis Belle"
Requirements & Suggestions
- Paint (see MARKING OPTIONS)
- Paint Brushes
- Modeling Knife
- Hobby File
The B-17 Flying Fortress "Memphis Belle" was the most famous bomber, because she was the first heavy bomber in Hitler's European war theater to complete 25 combat missions and keep her entire crew alive. The Memphis Belle was named for pilot Capt. Robert K. Morgan's wartime sweetheart, Ms. Margaret Polk. The preserved Memphis Belle remains on display at Mud Island in Memphis, Tennessee.
- One Waterslide Decal Sheet for Two Aircraft
- -U.S. Nationality Symbol.
- 1: DF A, 124485, Irene, Virginia, Mom.
- 2: OR, A (within a white triangle) Q, 23040, Miss Ouachita logo.
- Airframe Color(s)
- -Olive Drab, Neutral Gray.
- 1: Medium Green.
- Detail Color(s): -Chromate Green, Tan, Black, Yellow, Khaki, Gunmetal, Steel, Flat Black.