This is a plastic 1/48 F4U-4B Corsair Airplane from Academy Plastics. It's for experienced modelers.
The Corsair was primarily used as an offensive fighter and ground attack aircraft. It was powered by the Pratt & Whitney R-2800 radial engine which required the classic inverted gull wing design for sufficient propeller clearance. The F4U-4B was a post-WWII version that had the later style "blown" canopy and was used in Korea for ground-attack missions.
You Might Also Like
- 1/48th scale for static display with one decal option..
- 83 parts in dark blue and clear with fine recessed panel lines..
- Detailed cockpit with seat, instrument panels and side consoles..
- Engine portion includes a crankcase and a front row of cylinders..
- Each main gear leg constists of 3 parts with a single piece whee assembly..
- Ordnance includes wing mounted rockets and fuselage mounted bombs..
- Service Period: First Flight 1940; later versions served into th 1960's..
- Description: Single engine, carrier based, single seat fighte aircraft..
- Scale: 1/48
- Wingspan: 9-1/4" (23.6cm)
- Length: 8" (20.5cm)
One 1/48 F4U-4B Corsair Airplane
Requirements & Suggestions
- Modeling Knife (tes50627c) (xacx3201) (exl16001)
- Paint: (see MARKING OPTIONS)
- Sandpaper (tes8802) (dtm9055)
- Plastic cement (tes3501) (tes3502) (pls00002) (tam87012) or glue (hlc107)
- White Glue (hcahcay8500)
- CA or Tube Type Thick Plastic Cement
- Nice-to-have tools: Needle File Set, Sprue Cutter, Airbrush
- Single sheet of decals contains aircraft code letters, insignia, serial numbers, and identification codes for one aircraft.
- A/C #302, VF-53, USN painted overall gloss sea blue.
- Additional paints Required: Flat: Black, White, Grey, Interior Green, Brown Gloss: Blue, Red, Yellow, Gunmetal, Chrome Silver.
Keep product safely out of reach of small children..