F6F3/5 Hellcat US Fighter
This is the Academy F6F-3/5 Hellcat 1/72 scale plastic model airplane kit.
|Retail $14.00 SAVE 19% !|
325 Rewards Points
Buy - Earn - Save
You Might Also Like
- Detailed 1/72nd scale for static display only..
- Markings included for two aircraft: one F6F-3 and one F6F-5..
- 66 parts in light grey and clear with delicate recessed panel lines..
- Accurately reproduced Pratt & Whitney engine and propeller..
- Optional parts (windshield, exhaust fairing) for F6F-3 and F6F- variants..
- Cockpit detail: control stick, instrument panel with deca instruments, seat and rear bulkhead, and side consoles..
- Armament includes rockets, bombs, and centerline drop tank..
- Service History: USN, Royal Navy, from 1943 to the early 1950's..
- Description: Single radial engine, carrier based, single sea fighter..
- Scale: 1/72
- Wingspan: 7" (17.8cm)
- Length: 5-1/2" (13.9cm)
One 1/72 F6F-3/5 Hellcat Airplane
Requirements & Suggestions
- Modeling Knife (tes50627c) (xacx3201) (exl16001)
- Paint: (see MARKING OPTIONS)
- Sandpaper (tes8802) (dtm9055)
- Plastic cement (tes3501) (tes3502) (pls00002) (tam87012) or glue (hlc107)
- White Glue (hcahcay8500)
- CA or Tube Type Thick Plastic Cement
- Nice-to-have tools: Needle File Set, Sprue Cutter, Airbrush.
The Grumman Hellcat was designed from the beginning to take back the skies over the Pacific from the Japanese Zero. Though not as maneuverable as the smaller Zero, the Hellcat's speed and firepower usually won the day.
- Single sheet of decals which contains national insignia, instrument panel, code letters, and propeller markings
- 1: F6F-3, "40", VF-1, USS Yorktown Fuselage: 3-tone Sea Blue(FS35042)/Intermediate Blue(FS35164)/ White (FS37875) Wing Top: Sea Blue; Wing Bottom: White.
- 2: F6F-5, "35", VF-17, USS Hornet; Overall Gloss Sea Blue (FS15042).
- Additional Paints Required
- Flat: Black, Aluminum, Metallic Grey, Interior Green, Olive Drab, Yellow.
- Gloss: Silver, Gun Metal.
Keep this item out of reach of small children, due to small parts..