P51D Mustang Fighter
This is a plastic 1/72 P-51D Mustang USAAF & USAF Airplane from Academy Plastics. It's for experienced modelers.
The D model Mustang with the bubble canopy is by far the most famous version of this U.S. fighter aircraft. Powered by a Rolls-Royce Merlin V-12 engine the aircraft was unrivalled as a bomber escort.
|Retail $14.00 SAVE 19% !|
325 Rewards Points
Buy - Earn - Save
You Might Also Like
- Detailed 1/72nd scale for static display only..
- Markings included for one aircraft..
- 54 parts in light grey and clear with delicate recessed panel lines..
- Accurately reproduced 4-bladed propeller and spinner assembly..
- Standard and "Dallas" style canopies included - may be posed open o closed..
- Cockpit detail: radio boxes, instrument panel with decal instruments seat, throttle quadrant, sidewall detailand gunsight..
- Two types of drop tanks - 110gal. & 75gal. - included..
- Service History: USAAF & USAF from mid WWII through the Korean War..
- Description: Single engine, long range air superiority single sea fighter..
- Scale: 1/72
- Wingspan: 6-1/4" (15.6cm)
- Length: 5-1/4" (13.1cm)
One 1/72 P-51D Mustang Airplane
Requirements & Suggestions
- Hobby Knife
- Paint: (see MARKING OPTIONS)
- Liquid Plastic Cement
- White Glue
- CA or Tube Type Thick Cement
- Nice-to-have tools: Needle File Set, Sprue Cutter, Airbrush
- Single sheet of decals which contains national insignia, nose art, instrument panel, code letters, serial numbers and propeller markings.
- Kit markings are for P-51D "WR F", s/n 415255 - "Down For Double".
- Fuselage: overall natural aluminum with olive drab anti-glare panel.
- Wings: Gloss Aluminum.
- Rudder: Red.
- Additional Paints Required
- Flat: Black, Aluminum, White, Red, Blue, Orange, Interior Green, Wood.
- Gloss: Silver, Gun Metal.
Keep product safely out of reach of small children..