This is a 1/72 Scale Plastic B.C. 50 Roman Warship from Academy Plastics. It's for ages 10 and up.
Roman warships were fearsome weapons and a major factor in the expansion of the Roman Empire. The ships were powered by sails and oars, and armed with the spears and swords of the soldiers on board. Protection was provided by many removable shields along the sides of the craft. A unique "proboscus" on the front of the ship was a reinforced ram often used to spear enemy ships. In the event an enemy ship remained skewered to the Roman ship, the soldiers would leap aboard and engage in hand-to-hand combat.
You Might Also Like
- Plastic pieces attached to sprues and molded in tan and cream..
- Finely engraved hull and deck detail simulates authentic woo texture..
- All parts are precision injection molded including billowing sail and body surfaces..
- Sports a small brick fort in the stern of the ship..
- Many oars reach from the sides of the craft into the water..
- Molded in two colors to minimize painting..
- Simple thread rig lines are included..
- Unique display stand base and name plate included..
- Detailed pictorial instructions guide you through assembly..
- Scale: 1:72
- Length: 13" (33cm)
- Width: 3-1/2" (8.7cm)
- Height: 11" (27.8cm) (approximately)
One 1:72 Plastic B.C. 50 Roman Warship
Requirements & Suggestions
- Keep small parts and sharp edges away from children..
- Care should be taken when using tools and modeling knives..
- Modeling paint should only be used by an adult in a well-ventilate area..