Spitfire Mk XIV C RAF Fighter
This is a plastic 1/48 Spitfire Mk.XIV-C RAF Airplane from Academy Plastics. It's for experienced modelers.
The Spitfire Mk.XIV was the first mass produced Spitfire with the 35 liter Griffon engine in place of the smaller Merlin. The aircraft was used extensively in Europe after D-Day, and to shoot down V-1 "buzz bombs".
|Retail $27.00 SAVE 19% !|
627 Rewards Points
Buy - Earn - Save
You Might Also Like
- Detailed 1/48th scale for static display only..
- Markings included for one aircraft with invasion stripes..
- 85 parts in light grey and clear with delicate recessed panel lines..
- Accurately reproduced 5-bladed propeller and spinner assembly..
- Detailed gun bays with optional covers and optional position radiato louvers..
- Cockpit detail: control linkages, instrument panel with raise detail, seat with decal belts, armour plate, oxygen bottles, an throttle quadrant..
- This is the version with the typical high turtledeck behind th cockpit..
- Service History: RAF and other Commonwealth air forces from mid-WWI onwards..
- Description: Single engine, cannon armed, single seat fighter..
- Scale: 1/48
- Wingspan: 9-1/2" (24.2cm)
- Length: 8" (20.3cm)
One 1/48 Mk.XIV-C RAF Airplane
Requirements & Suggestions
- Hobby Knife
- Paint: (see MARKING OPTIONS)
- Liquid Plastic Cement
- White Glue
- CA or Tube Type Thick Plastic Cement
- Nice-to-have tools: Needle File Set, Sprue Cutter, Airbrush
- Single sheet of decals which contains national insignia, D-Day stripes for wings and fuselage, code letters, serial numbers and stencils.
- Kit markings are for Spitfire Mk.XIVc "AP o D", s/n RM619.
- Top Surfaces: Dk Green (BS381C/641 - approx FS34079)/Ocean Grey (BS381C/638 - approx. FS36152) camouflage stripes.
- Bottom Surfaces: Medium Sea Grey (BS381C/637 - approx. FS36270).
- Additional Paints Required
- Flat: Black, Aluminum, Metallic Grey, Lt Grey, White, Red, Yellow, Blue, Orange, Green, Brown, Tan Gloss Colors: Silver, Gun Metal.