SP Coast Daylight Train #98 Articulated Chair Car
This is the HO Scale SP Coast Daylight Train #98 Articulated Chair Car w/Antenna - Southern Pacific #W2462/M2461 from Broadway Limited Imports.
|Retail $149.99 SAVE 44% !|
2,414 Rewards Points
Buy - Earn - Save
You Might Also Like
- 1953 Post-war Version
- Unskirted Cars
- Lettered "Southern Pacific"
- Beautifully Detailed, Accurate Passenger Cars
- Authentic Design, Paint and Color Schemes
- Many Separately Applied Details Including Hand Rails
- Detailed, Properly colored interiors
- Lighted Interiors
- Operational Exterior Lighting (where applicable)
- Prototypically Accurate Articulated Cars (where applicable)
- Antennae (where applicable)
- Operating Full-width, Sprung Diaphragms
- Prototypically Accurate Match with PCM SP GS-4 Locomotives and PCM Alco PA/PB Locomotives
- Observation Car: Lighted Drumhead & Marker Lights
- Body Composition: ABS
- Chassis Composition: ABS
- (2) Kadee-compatible operating metal knuckle couplers.
- Compatible Tracks: Code 70, 83, 100 Rail
- Recommended Minimum Radius: 22"
- Broadway Product Number: 1571
- Walthers Product Number: 187-1571
- Walthers Catalog: 2015 HO, page 138
Requirements & Suggestions
Imagine seeing the beautiful Southern Pacific GS-4 pulling a string of those magnificently painted passenger cars along the California coast. Then add the sight of a Cab Forward applying her muscle for the climb over the steep grade between San Luis Obispo and Santa Margarita. Any railfan's delight.
The Morning Daylight was two separate trains, #98 and #99. Each operated as a unit train and cars were not normally added or removed, but for extra capacity, chair car pairs were added. The two trains left San Francisco and Los Angeles at 8am, passed each other in the neighborhood of San Luis Obispo, and arrived around 6pm.