M4A3 SHERMAN 105mm HOWZR
This is the 1/6 Scale M4A3 SHERMAN 105mm HOWZR Plastic Model Kit by Dragon.
|Retail $506.16 SAVE 11% !|
Out of Stock
12,856 Rewards Points
USA Ground Shipping Only
Not eligible for Free-Shipping
Buy - Earn - Save
You Might Also Like
- Authentic M4A3(105) Howitzer Tank rendered w/details
- M4 105mm turret w/rotor shield fully detailed
- Commander's & loader's hatches can be assembled open/closed
- Finely rendered headlight and horn guards
- On-vehicle tools on engine deck are realistically molded
- Highly detailed workable T48 tracks w/EEC (Duckbills) included
- Return rollers rendered w/full detail
- Bogies and drive sprockets w/astonishing details
- Rear hull detail accurately produced
- DML Product Number: 75046
Requirements & Suggestions
The M4 Sherman is the most famous American tank of WWII, and more than 50,000 examples of the medium tank were produced. It formed the backbone of innumerable American, British and Commonwealth armored formations. The popular Sherman was thus the logical choice when Dragon's design team sought a subject for their next 1/6 scale plastic kit project. The specific Sherman variant selected is an M4A3 fitted with a 105mm gun. This type was a welded-hull tank powered by a 500hp Ford GAA V8 gasoline engine, and it mounted a 105mm gun suitable for the close-support role. The M4A3 was the preferred variant for the US Army, meaning it was widely used in WWII.
This Sherman is a big release for Dragon in more ways than one. It's big on accurate details, and although some moldings are large, there is no deformation of parts. Modelers will find this satisfying kit fits together precisely. The road wheels rotate, and the tracks with individual links are well-designed and well-engineered so as to be both durable and realistic. For greater interest, the tracks come with new duckbills that were used to improve traction on soft ground. Owners can traverse the turret and elevate and depress the gun towards any target they select. The 105mm gun barrel is a newly tooled item. With this Sherman M4A3 105mm, the Allies have gained armored superiority in terms of 1/6 scale kits!