- Designed to drive the Tortoise Switch Machine (sold separately), this accessory decoder plugs directly on to the Tortoise simply connect to track power using the two handy screw terminals and the unit is ready to use. The Hare is compatible with all DCC systems that support accessory operations. And, many advanced features are provided to enhance operation including
- Auto Throw automatically throws points when train approaches against the points. Eliminates derailments, layout shorts, loco and scenery damage, and is ideal for difficult to reach turnouts and hidden staging. Works with both insul-frog and electro frog turnouts for Versions I and II.
- Smart Route sets up to 13 routes by simple address programming in addition to the primary decoder address. Each Smart Route can control an unlimited number of turnouts. Eliminates complicated programming, the need for computer operation or system macros.
- Smart Default Ops allows all Hare-controlled turnouts to move to a predetermined position when layout is powered up or to remain as last thrown. Eliminates possibly fouling the mainline when you power-up your layout.
- Operates LED turnout signals or remote panel LED indicators.
- Manual push button option for control panel operations.
- System reset by simple CV programming. Resets to factory defaults.
- Digitrax LocoNet, NCE Cab Bus and Lenz Express Net feedback and position reporting options are supported by Version II (246-DSPHARE2).
- Automates reverse loop turnouts using Smart Throw.
The #1 Source for Hobby Products!