Chicago Metra Bi-Level Commuter Train-Only Set - N-Scale
The modern Nippon Sharyo-built Gallery Bi-Level is based off of the same concept as the original Santa Fe El Capitan Bi-level design concept, whose success went on to inspire such double decker cars as Amtrak's Superliners and the Bombardier Bi-Level car which is also used in commuter service. Today, gallery Bi-Level cars such as those used by the Chicago Metra commuter service can be seen operating in several states across the United States, such as Virginia and California.
You Might Also Like
- The MP36PH locomotive will use a sophisticated light piping and LED system to give it directional headlight and taillight functions across all six of its nose lights
- as well as illuminated pre-printed number boards for push/pull operation.
- All cars and locomotives are DCC friendly
- with FR11 decoders available for optional 11-209/210 Interior Lighting Kits with LED.
- Bi-Level cab coaches feature directional lighting for push-pull operation
- with alternate illuminating headlight and taillights with an on/off switch for mid-train operation.
- Smooth rolling blackened metal wheels on all Bi-level cars with all-wheel electrical pickup.
- Kato Product Number: 1068701
- Walthers Product Number: 381-1068701
- Walthers Catalog: 2014 N&Z, page 57
- 1 x MPI MP36PH Chicago Metra Locomotive #416
- 1 x Nippon-Sharyo Gallery Bi-Level Metra Coach #6070
- 1 x Nippon-Sharyo Gallery Bi-Level Metra Coach #6153
- 1 x Nippon-Sharyo Gallery Bi-Level Metra Cab-Coach #8507