- Sounds for a variety of Steam & Diesel Locos
- No Onboard Speakers Needed!
- Six independent sound channels - works with up to six different trains at once
*Use for whole layout sound with SoundScapes environmental, industrial or background sound affects.
- A major breakthrough for sound systems in model trains! Designed especially for DCC and with multiple trains in mind, SurroundTraxx provides high-fidelity sound that actually moves with up to six trains at one time trains as they travel around the layout - all without speakers in the engines.
- Combining several speakers (sold separately) hidden under the layout, Digital Signal Processing (DSP) and advanced block detection, the system reproduces each train's sounds through the nearest speaker. Rather than simply switching speakers on and off, the system actually cross fades. Speed, direction and distance (and location of other trains) between speakers are continuously monitored, and the volume is automatically adjusted at each speaker for a smooth flow of sound that appears to be following each train. Each unit supports up to six blocks and six speakers, but multiple units can be combined for larger layouts.
- The system can also add sound to the entire layout using environmental SoundScapes such as thunderstorms, industrial sounds, crossing bells and a wide range of additional affects.
- To take full advantage of the system, each block detector requires one BDL-1678 and two (2) RX-4s from Digitrax installed in the layout. Each train must be equipped with at least one transponder or transponding decoder for the full roaming speaker affect.