F-4E Phantom II Jet Plane Aircraft
This is a plastic model kit of a 1/32 Scale F-4E Phantom II by Tamiya.
|Retail $213.00 SAVE 17% !|
Out of Stock
Discontinued - No longer available for purchase
You Might Also Like
- Assembly kit of the early production version of the F-4E Phantom II main fighter of the U.S. Airforce.
- Scale: 1/32, fuselage length: 600mm, wingspan: 368mm. The intrepid form of the F-4E Phantom with its characteristically elongated nose, has been accurately reproduced.
- Fuselage has been molded as one piece with intricate areas faithfully recreated. Main pieces can be fastened to fuselage with screws.
- Plane's nose can be reproduced with clear parts to allow viewing of the details of the 20mm M61A1 6 barrel Vulcan gun pod and AN/APQ-120 radar after model assembly.
- Exquisite detail of cockpit and instrument panels portrayed in superb detail. Canopy can be assembled in the open or closed position.
- Landing gear reproduced with dye-cast parts and tires are recreated with real rubber.
- Parts for recreation of full armament, such as air-to-air missiles, are included in kit. Kit also features pilot and co-pilot figures as well as decals for replication of two different planes.
- Scale: 1/32
- Length: 23.6" (60.0cm)
- Wingspan: 14.5" (36.8cm)
- Tamiya Product Number: 60310
- One 1/32 Scale McDonnell Douglas F-4E Phantom II (Early Production)
- Plastic Model Kit.
Requirements & Suggestions
- Plastic cement (TES3501) (PLS00002) (TAM87012) or glue (HLC107)
- Modeling Knife (EXL16001) (EXL16018) or Sprue Cutter (XUR410A) (EXL55594)
- Small Phillips Screwdriver
- Tweezers (TAM74003) (EXL30416)
- Water for Waterslide Decals
- AS-13 - Green (TAM86513)
- AS-14 - Olive Green (TAM86514)
- AS-15 - Tan (TAM86515)
- AS-16 - Light Gray (TAM86516)
- X-1 - Black (TAM81001) (TAM81501)
- X-10 - Gun Metal (TAM81010) (TAM81510)
- X-11 - Chrome Silver (TAM81011) (TAM81511)
- X-12 - Gold Leaf (TAM81012) (TAM81512)
- X-18 - Semi Gloss Black (TAM81018) (TAM81518)
- X-21 - Flat Base (TAM81021) (TAM81521)
- X-27 - Clear Red (TAM81027) (TAM81527)
- X-31 - Titanium Gold (TAM81031) (TAM81531)
- X-4 - Blue (TAM81004) (TAM81504)
- X-7 - Red (TAM81007) (TAM81507)
- X-8 - Lemon Yellow (TAM81008) (TAM81508)
- XF-1 - Flat Black (TAM81301) (TAM81701)
- XF-16 - Flat Aluminum (TAM81316) (TAM81716)
- XF-19 - Sky Grey (TAM81319) (TAM81719)
- XF-2 - Flat White (TAM81302) (TAM81702)
- XF-24 - Dark Grey (TAM81324) (TAM81724)
- XF-28 - Dark Copper (TAM81328) (TAM81728)
- XF-51 - Khaki Drab (TAM81351) (TAM81751)
- XF-55 - Deck Tan (TAM81355) (TAM81755)
- XF-56 - Metallic Grey (TAM81356) (TAM81756)
- XF-57 - Buff (TAM81357) (TAM81757)
- XF-58 - Olive Green (TAM81358) (TAM81758)
- XF-61 - Dark Green (TAM81361) (TAM81761)
- XF-62 - Olive Drab (TAM81362) (TAM81762)
- XF-7 - Flat Red (TAM81307) (TAM81707)
- Paint Brushes
- Pin Vise (TAM74050) (ZON37-145) (SQU10801)
- Toothpicks or Glue Tips
The F-4E came into production as an improved version of the F-4C/D and was to be the most advanced model of the Phantom series. After elongating the fighter's nose and installing a more compact radar, the solid-state Westinghouse AN/APQ-120, the installation of a nose-mounted gun became possible and a 20mm M61A1 6 barrel Vulcan gun pod was employed. The Vulcan 20mm cannon, with its ammunition drum of approximately 640 rounds, was capable of firing 4000-6000 rounds a minute and proved reliable in air-to-ground and close quarters aerial combat. F-4E made its first flight in June 1967 and entered the rising conflict of the Vietnam War in November 1968 when the first F-4E's reached Korat in Thailand and joined up with the 469th Tactical Fighter Squadron. By the time of the cease-fire of 1973 the F-4E was credited with a total of 21 MiG kills, 5 brought down by gunfire alone.
- Decal Options:
- 1: 469th TFS, 388th TFW Korat RTAFB, 1968.
- 2: 469th TFS, 388th TFW Anderson AFB in 1973.