EMD SD40-2 Mid-Production (Standard DC) Santa Fe #5072
This is the HO Scale EMD SD40-2 with Nose Headlight, Atchison Topeka and Santa Fe (Mid-Production) #5072 from Kato.
|Retail $185.00 SAVE 21% !|
4,152 Rewards Points
You Might Also Like
As a prototype, the SD40-2 was the most popular second-generation diesel with sales of over 3000 in the U.S. and more than 700 in Canada. There were many variations of this popular diesel because of the long production run.
One of the best-selling EMD locos ever built, over 3,000 SD40-2s were sold in the US and Canada. During production, some prototype features were changed. These ready-to-run models are based on mid-production units. Like the prototype, these locos incorporate functioning ditch lights which can be switched between alternating (flashing) and steady lighting modes in DC (for DCC operation, ditch lights can be synchronized with horn or bell functions by installing an 8-pin sound decoder, sold separately). The models also come with all details and handrails installed, golden white LED headlights and illuminated, printed numberboards. They feature DCC-friendly construction with a 1.1" 28mm speaker housing in the fuel tank.
- Kato Product Number: 376616
- Walthers Product Number: 381-376616
- All handrails and grab irons are factory installed
- making the model ready to go out of the box
- Functional ditch lights that can be switched between alternating and steady modes on-the-fly
- Great for pulling our Gunderson MAXI-IV double stack well cars
- Locomotives feature directional Golden White LED headlights and illuminated preprinted numberboards
- Sound friendly construction with a speaker housing in the fuel tank
- Ditch lights can be synchronized with horn or bell functions with the installation of an 8-pin sound decoder
Requirements & Suggestions