GE P42 Genesis Amtrak #66
2011 marked the 40th anniversary of Amtrak to commemorate this historic birthday, Amtrak painted a number of its locomotives into a series of anniversary schemes, each taking design cues from a different paint and logo era from the railroad's history. P42 locomotive #66 is painted in a phase II heritage scheme that marked the first use of the red, white, and blue stripes that has influenced every paint scheme since.
You Might Also Like
- Equipped with body mounted Kato magnetic knuckle couplers.
- Award-winning DCC friendly mechanism with a powerful five-pole motor driven flywheel drive.
- Directional Golden white LED headlights and illuminated pre-printed numberboards.
- A unique "Phase I" homage paint scheme decorates this otherwise modern service locomotive
- replicated down to the last detail in N scale form.
- Kato Product Number: 1766023
- Walthers Product Number: 381-1766023
- Walthers Catalog: 2015 N&Z, page 53
Requirements & Suggestions
These heritage locomotives have been seen in attendance at National Train Day celebrations as well as other train related festivities all across the country, and serve as a reminder of Amtrak's long history as America's railroad.