A6M3 Type 32 Zero Fighter
First flight was on 1 April 1939 and combat trials were concluded in July 1940 with 15 pre-production A6M2's sent to two squadrons by the end of the month. These aircraft had folding wing tips to accommodate aircraft carrier elevators, and were the ones first seen by Gen. Chennault in China, and at Pearl Harbor in December 1941. Although the A6M2 met or exceeded original design specifications, modifications were taking place at the Mitsubishi factory to improve roll rate, speed up handling aboard carriers, and utilize the uprated Sakae 21, 1,130 hp engine. The first A6M3 type 32 (code named HAMP) took to the air on 15 July 1941 with production beginning in April 42. A total of 343 aircraft were produced by August 43, when the type 52 A6M5 began production.
|Retail $17.50 SAVE 20% !|
728 Rewards Points
You Might Also Like
- Appx. 60 parts in light grey and clear with recessed panel lines.
- Detailed 3-part Sakae engine, cowling, exhaust collector, landing gear.
- Nakajima Sakae 21 radial engine; armed with (2) 7.7mm fuselage guns, (2) 20mm wing cannon; squared off wing tips for faster roll rate.
- Tamiya Product Number: 61025
1/48 A6M3 Type 32 Zero Fighter plastic model kit
Requirements & Suggestions
- Decal Options:
- 1: 2nd Fighter Group, Buna, East of New Guinea, 1940.
- 2: Tainan Fighter Group (1st), Buna, East of New Guinea, 1942-43.
- Aircraft 1 & 2 Overall IJN Light Grey with Black cowl.
- 3: 204 Fighter Group, Rabaul, 1943.
- Overall IJN Lt Grey with IJN Dk Green mottled patches and black
- 4: Tainan Fighter Group (2nd), Tainan, 1944.
- Top Surfaces: IJN Dark Green.
- Bottom Surfaces: IJN Lt Grey.
- Engine Cowl: Black.