Lockheed Martin F-16CJ Figther
This is a plastic model kit of a 1/48 Scale Lockheed Martin F-16CJ Figther by Tamiya.
|Retail $66.00 SAVE 20% !|
2,900 Rewards Points
Buy - Earn - Save
You Might Also Like
- A Block 50 model replica as used for USAF SEAD missions.
- Exquisite cockpit detail.
- Superb landing gear bay details.
- Beautifully reproduced landing gear struts.
- Highly detailed pilot figure with choice of standard or JHMCS flight helmet.
- Optional clear or smoked bubble top canopy, which can be fixed in the open or closed position.
- Movable horizontal stabilizers.
- Flaperons can be modeled in either the up or down position.
- A variety of realistically rendered weapons such as HARM, AMRAAM, and Sidewinder missiles (M & X variantss).
- Detachable external fuel tanks, ECM pod, and HTS pod.
- Waterslide decals.
- Illustrated assembly guide.
- Scale: 1:48
- Fuselage: 12-1/2" (316mm)
- Wingspan: 7-3/4" (197mm)
- Tamiya Product Number: 61098
(1) Plastic Model
Requirements & Suggestions
The F-16 is one of the world's top lightweight multi-role fighter aircraft. Since first deployment to U.S. Air Force (USAF) units in the late 1970's, total production numbers have exceeded 4,000, making it the second most highly produced jet fighter plane following the F-4 Phantom. The latest F-16 variant deployed to USAF units, the F-16C Block 50, is capable of precision night and all-weather bombing, and features advanced digital electronics for radar and cockpit displays. The slight variant, the F-16CJ (Block 50), is fitted with HARM Targeting System (HTS) and is used specifically for SEAD (Suppression of Enemy Air Defenses) missions. The F-16CJ (Block 50) has flown SEAD missions over Iraq while monitoring the northern and southern no-fly zones and during Operation Iraqi Freedom.
About the Model
Model represents the F-16CJ (Block 50) as used for USAF SEAD missions.
Sleek fuselage including aerodynamic blended wing body design accurately reproduced.
Accurately curved bubble top canopy can be assembled in the opened or closed position.
Horizontal stabilizers are movable and flaperons can be modeled in both the up or down positions.
A range of weapons and accessories are included such as HARM, AMRAAM, and Sidewinder missiles (M & X variants), detachable external fuel tanks, ECM pod, and HTS pod.
One pilot figure included and can be depicted with either standard or JHMCS flight helmet.
Detailed markings for 3 aircraft, including the 5th Air Force commander's aircraft stationed at
Misawa airbase in 2005, are included.
- Two Decal Sheets with Markings for 3 US Aircraft Versions
- 1: 5th Air Force Commander, Pacific Air Forces, Misawa Air Base, Japan (2005)
- 2: 52nd Fighter WingCommander, USAF in Europe, Spangdahlem Air Base, Germany (2005)
- 3: 79th Fighter Sqn. Leader, 20th Fighter Wing, Tiger Meet Version, Buckley Air Force Base, Colorado, USA (Aug 2001)
- Airframe and Detail Paint Colors: - RAF Ocean Gray, Light Ghost Gray, Gunship Gray 2, Medium Gray, Black, White, Blue, Red, Lemon Yellow, Gun Metal, Chrome Silver, Gold Leaf, Semi Gloss Black, Clear Green, Clear Red, Park Green, Titanium Gold, Titaniu Silver, Flat Black, Flat White, Flat Red, Flat Aluminum, Khaki, Khaki Drab, Metallic Gray, Desert Yellow, Field Gray, Light Gray.