Messerschmitt Me 262 A-1a Fighter Aircraft
This is a plastic model kit of a 1/48 Scale Messerschmitt Me 262 A-1a Fighter by Tamiya.
|Retail $48.00 SAVE 20% !|
2,108 Rewards Points
You Might Also Like
- Clear pieces for canopy included.
- Detailed cockpit and landing gear.
- Realistic exhaust nozzles and engine nacelles.
- Full weapons package.
- Detailed pictorial instructions.
- Scale: 1/48
- Length: 8.7" (22.1cm)
- Wingspan: 10.4" (26.4cm
- Tamiya Product Number: 61087
1/48 Messerschmitt Me 262 A-1a plastic model kit
Requirements & Suggestions
- Plastic cement (TES3501) (TES3502) (PLS00002) (TAM87012) or glue (HLC107)
- Modeling Knife (EXL16001) (XACX3627) (EXL16018) or Sprue Cutter (XUR410A) (TES8940) (EXL55594)
- Tweezers (TAM74003) (EXL30416) (TES50632C)
- Paint Brushes
- Pin Vise (TAM74050) (ZON37-145) (SQU10801) (XACX7144)
- Toothpicks or Glue Tips (ADC121)
The revolutionary Messerschmitt Me262 was the first jet powered plane to see service. The construction of pre-production aircraft designated Me262 A-0 started in April 1944 but the fighter production version that should have been the first version to be mass-produced was delayed because of Hitler's strict contrary orders prioritizing the deployment of fighter/bomber A-2a version. Then, in November 1944, the Me262 A-1a fighter version was finally put into production. It was equipped with four 30mm cannons in the nose to counter Allied bombers and escorting fighters. Late production planes were equipped with hooks under the nose to mount rocket launchers and with 24 R4M air-to-air rocket under the wings making the Me262 the most feared German fighter by Allied pilots.
- Decal options:
- 1: Major Sinner's plane "Green 1".
- 2: Oberstleutnant Heinz Bar "Red 13", III./EJG2, Lechfeld, March 1945.
- 3; Unteroffizier Johann-Karl Muller "Red S", JV44, Brandenburg- Briest, March 1945.