Nissan Skyline 2000 GT-R Sportscar
With a powerful-in-line six cylinder DOHC engine mounted amidships under a low and sleek body, the R380 won the 1969 Japanese Grand Prix race event and established several world speed records in the following year. The Prince company merged with Nissan, and unveiled a special 4-door sedan Skyline model during the 1968 Tokyo Motor Show. Priced at almost double that of other Skylines in the stable, it was transplanted with a de-tuned powerplant of the R380 racer's unit. This hot-blooded Skyline was launched into the market in February 1969, under the designation of GT-R. The 1,989cc DOHC 6-cylinder S20 type engine yielded 160hp of maximum output. In October 1970, the original 4-door sedan GT-R was replaced with a more sporty, 2-door hard-top model.
You Might Also Like
- Plastic parts are attached to sprues and molded in gray and black; clear and chrome pieces also included.
- Complete engine bay detailing.
- Realistically reproduced exterior and interior.
- Solid rubber-like tires.
- Chrome bumbers, wipers, and grille.
- Detailed pictorial instructions.
- Length: 5-1/2" (14.1cm)
- Width: 2-3/4" (7.1cm)
- Height: 2" (4.9cm)
- Tamiya Product Number: 24194
1/24 Nissan Skyline 2000 GT-R
Requirements & Suggestions
- Plastic cement (tes3501) (tes3502) (pls00002) (tam87012) or glue (hlc107)
- TS-17 - Aluminum Silver (tam85017)
- TS-26 - Pure White (tam85026)
- TS-29 - Semi Gloss Black (tam85029)
- X-1 - Black (tam81001) (tam81501)
- X-11 - Chrome Silver (tam81011) (tam81511)
- X-14 - Sky Blue (tam81014) (tam81514)
- X-18 - Semi Gloss Black (tam81018) (tam81518)
- X-2 - White (tam81002) (tam81502)
- X-26 - Clear Orange (tam81026) (tam81526)
- X-27 - Clear Red (tam81027) (tam81527)
- X-7 - Red (tam81007) (tam81507)
- X-9 - Brown (tam81009) (tam81509)
- XF-1 - Flat Black (tam81301) (tam81701)
- XF-16 - Flat Aluminum (tam81316) (tam81716)
- XF-2 - Flat White (tam81302) (tam81702)
- XF-22 - RLM Grey (tam81322)(tam81722
- XF-56 - Metallic Grey (tam81356) (tam81756)
- Paint Brushes
- Modeling Knife (tes50627c) (xacx3201) (exl16001)
- Pin Vise (tam74050) (zon37-145) (squ10801) (xacx7144)
- File or Emery Board
- Sprue Cutter (HCAR0630) (tes8940) (exl55594)
- Tweezers (tam74003) (exl30416) (tes50632c)
- Scissors (xur9180et) (tam74068) (tam74031) (exl55611)
- Adult Supervision
- Unsuitable for kids under 3.
- Recommended paints are for adult modelers only.
- Always use modeling equipment with caution.
- Paints and cement should be used in a well-ventilated area.