Porsche 911 GT1 Racecar GT1
In 1996 Porsche, who had been idle in motorsport competitions as a works team since their withdrawal in 1988, announced their intention to come back to the Le Mans 24 hour endurance race with their latest Porsche 911 GT1. Although the styling of the GT1 retains some resemblance with their conventional 911, it is not the usual 911 but a highly advanced pure racing version. The low and sleek body shell was a product of numerous wind tunnel experiments. An air intake on the roof and air outlets at either side of the rear contribute to obtain outstanding aerodynamics. Its 3.2 liter water cooled, horizontally opposed six-cylinder engine produces and awesome 600 plus horsepower output, coupled with twin-turbochargers. The rear suspension has long A arms connected directly onto the gear case via pushrods just like formula cars. Front and rear 18 inch wheels are fitted with wide racing slicks, and power assisted carbon discs with ABS provide positive stopping power.
You Might Also Like
- Unassembled plastic pieces attached to sprue trees and molded in black and white; clear and silver plated parts also included.
- Complete engine bay.
- Air intake on the roof and air outlets on both sides of the rear.
- Authentic interior and chassis undersurface.
- Solid synthetic rubber tire slicks.
- Detailed pictorial instructions.
- Length: 8-1/2" (21.3cm)
- Width: 3-1/4" (8.2cm)
- Height: 1-3/4" (4.4cm)
- Tamiya Product Number: 24186
1/24 Porsche 911 GT1
Requirements & Suggestions
- Plastic cement (tes3501) (tes3502) (pls00002) (tam87012) or glue (hlc107)
- TS-26 - Pure White (tam85026)
- X-1 - Black (tam81001) (tam81501)
- X-10 - Gun Metal (tam81010) (tam81510)
- X-11 - Chrome Silver (tam81011) (tam81511)
- X-12 - Gold Leaf (tam81012) (tam81512)
- X-13 - Metallic Blue (tam81013) (tam81513)
- X-18 - Semi Gloss Black (tam81018) (tam81518)
- X-2 - White (tam81002) (tam81502)
- X-21 - Flat Base (tam81021) (tam81521)
- X-23 - Clear Blue (tam81023) (tam81523)
- X-26 - Clear Orange (tam81026) (tam81526)
- X-27 - Clear Red (tam81027) (tam81527)
- X-4 - Blue (tam81004) (tam81504)
- X-6 - Orange (tam81006) (tam81506)
- X-7 - Red (tam81007) (tam81507)
- XF-1 - Flat Black (tam81301) (tam81701)
- Paint Brushes
- File or Emery Board
- Sprue Cutter (HCAR0630) (tes8940) (exl55594)
- Modeling Knife (tes50627c) (xacx3201) (exl16001)
- Tweezers (tam74003) (exl30416) (tes50632c)
- Scissors (xur9180et) (tam74068) (tam74031) (exl55611)
- Adult Supervision
- Unsuitable for kids under 3.
- Recommended paints are for adult modelers only.
- Always use modeling equipment with caution.