Republic P-47M Thunderbolt Fighter
This is a plastic model kit of a 1/48 Scale Republic P-47M Thunderbolt Fighter by Tamiya.
|Retail $57.00 SAVE 20% !|
2,500 Rewards Points
Buy - Earn - Save
You Might Also Like
- An accurate depiction of one of the most famous heavyweight fighters of the US Army Air Force of WWII.
- Superb cockpit detail including side walls and panels.
- Clear canopy can be fixed in the open or closed position.
- Vertical dorsal fin and air brakes.
- Optional extended or retracted flaps.
- 4 different types of propellers to choose from.
- Optional open or closed cowl flap.
- 3 different types of drop tanks and 2 types of pylons.
- Intricately detailed engine with movable propeller.
- Rocket launcher tube and 500 pound bomb.
- Highly detailed landing gear and wheel wells.
- Detailed pilot figure.
- Illustrated assembly guide and waterslide decals.
- Scale: 1:48
- Fuselage: 9" (230mm)
- Wingspan: 10-1/8" (259mm)
- Tamiya Product Number: 61096
One Plastic Model
Requirements & Suggestions
Following the release of 1/48 Republic P-47D Thunderbolt Razorback and Bubbletop versions, Tamiya further increases the range of choices available to modelers with the development of the P-47M. New parts include vertical dorsal fin, air brakes, cockpit parts and new markings.
About the Republic P-47M Thunderbolt
Introduced as a fighter escorts for bombers attacking the German homeland, the Republic Thunderbolt went through the Razorback and Bubbletop variations as it fulfilled its duty. The P-47M was a special high-speed fighter that was specially designed to counter German threats like the V-1 buzz bomb and new jet-powered fighters evolved by the Luftwaffe. The P- 47M featured a P-47D-28-RE airframe fitted with a high-powered R-2800-57 engine capable of top speed of 761km/h, while air brakes were installed underneath the wings to aid in deceleration. Rushed to service with the 56th Fighter Group in Europe, the P-47M only saw combat in the last few weeks of the war, yet achieved the distinction of downing a German Me262 jet fighter.
About the Model
1/48 scale model of the Republic P-47M Thunderbolt.
New parts for depicting late-war P-47M include 1: Choice of 3 types of vertical dorsal tail fin. 2: Air bakes fitted under wings, behind landing gear, with landing lights relocated to wing tips. 3: Flat type cockpit floor, instrument panel, rudder pedal and side walls made from new parts. 4: Decelerator located on engine front.
2 all-new sets of markings based on dark-blue/blue patterned camouflage used by the 56th Fighter Group of the 8th Air Force.
Kit also includes all parts necessary to build P-47M or P-47D Bubbletop versions with or without dorsal tail fins, vastly increasing modeling options.
- Two Decal Sheets with Markings for 3 US Versions
- 1: 61st FS, 56th FG, 8th AF, Capt.Witold Lanowski Boxted (1945)
- 2: 61st FS, 56th FG, 8th AF, Lt.Russell Kyler Boxted (1945)
- 3: 63rd FS, 56th FG, 8th AF, Maj.George Bostwick Boxted (1945)
- Airframe & Detail Paint Colors: - USAAF Olive Drab, USAAF Neutral Gray, Bare-Metal Silver, Semi Gloss Black, Green, Orange, Red, Chrome Silver, Purple, Clear Blue, Clear Red, Titanium Gold, Flat Black, Flat White, Flat Yellow, Yellow Green, Flat Green, Flat Red, Flat Blue, Khaki, Flat Brown, Flat Flesh, Flat Aluminu, Sea Blue, Medium Blue, Metallic Gray, Buff, Red Brown