Toyota GT-One TS020 LeMans Racecar
"The Longest Day in France", also known as the 24 Hours of Le Mans endurance race, takes place two hundred kilometers southwest of Paris, in the city of Le Mans. This high-speed circuit is made up of public roads closed off for the race, which stretch to 13.6 kilometers in length-the world's longest circuit track. Throughout the long history of the Le Mans, two or three major manufacturers have always fought for the top honors, but the 1999 race boasted six major contenders. The Toyota GT-One TS020 led the grueling 24 hour event right up until one hour before the finish, when it was struck with an untimely tire blowout, but still managed to finish second. Subtle refinements to the sleek carbon fiber composite body of the GT-One TS020 were conducted in the pursuit of optimal aerodynamics. The 3600cc V8 twin turbo R36V engine also underwent various modifications, improving power, torque, and fuel efficiency.
|Retail $40.00 SAVE 20% !|
1,760 Rewards Points
Buy - Earn - Save
You Might Also Like
- This model boasts faithful recreation of innovative aerodynamics.
- Highly detailed nose and diffuser-just like the full size car.
- Rear cowl is removable, allowing modeler to view the detailed V8 twin turbo engine even after completion.
- Kit includes decals for Car no. 1 and 3.
- Masking seals are also included for accurate body painting.
- Length: 9-1/4" (23.4cm)
- Width: 3-1/4" (8.4cm)
- Height: 1-3/4" (4.5cm)
- Tamiya Product Number: 24222
1/24 Toyota GT-One TS020
Requirements & Suggestions
- Plastic cement (tes3501) (tes3502) (pls00002) (tam87012) or glue (hlc107)
- TS-26 - Pure White (tam85026)
- TS-49 - Bright Red (tam85049)
- X-1 - Black (tam81001) (tam81501)
- X-11 - Chrome Silver (tam81011) (tam81511)
- X-12 - Gold Leaf (tam81012) (tam81512)
- X-13 - Metallic Blue (tam81013) (tam81513)
- X-21 - Flat Base (tam81021) (tam81521)
- X-26 - Clear Orange (tam81026) (tam81526)
- X-27 - Clear Red (tam81027) (tam81527)
- X-3 - Royal Blue (tam81003) (tam81503)
- X-31 - Titanium Gold (tam81031) (tam81531)
- X-6 - Orange (tam81006) (tam81506)
- X-7 - Red (tam81007) (tam81507)
- XF-1 - Flat Black (tam81301) (tam81701)
- XF-16 - Flat Aluminum (tam81316) (tam81716)
- XF-24 - Dark Grey (tam81324) (tam81724)
- XF-28 - Dark Copper (tam81328) (tam81728)
- XF-3 - Flat Yellow (tam81303) (tam81703)
- XF-5 - Flat Green (tam81305) (tam81705)
- XF-56 - Metallic Grey (tam81356) (tam81756)
- XF-59 - Desert Yellow (tam81359) (tam81759)
- XF-7 - Flat Red (tam81307) (tam81707)
- Paint Brushes
- File or Emery Board
- Sprue Cutter (HCAR0630) (tes8940) (exl55594)
- Modeling Knife (tes50627c) (xacx3201) (exl16001)
- Tweezers (tam74003) (exl30416) (tes50632c)
- Scissors (xur9180et) (tam74068) (tam74031) (exl55611)
- Water for Decals
- Adult Supervision
- Keep small pieces and sharp edges away from children ages 3 and under.
- Care should be taken when using tools and modeling knives.