Vought F4U-1 Corsair Birdcage Aircraft Plane
This is a plastic model kit of a 1/32 Scale Vought F4U-1 Corsair Birdcage by Tamiya.
|Retail $199.00 SAVE 20% !|
8,752 Rewards Points
You Might Also Like
Scale : 1/32
Construction type : Assembly kit
Photo-etch parts : Included
Decals : Included
Special feature 1 : Main landing gears can be depicted in raised or retracted position.
Special feature 2 : Armament includes Mk. XLI bomb rack.
Special feature 3 : Comes with 2 figures to depict pilot in seated or standing position.
Special feature 4 : Synthetic rubber tires feature authentic tread patterns.
Special feature 5 : 3 sets of markings, painting guide and masking sticker to cover "birdcage" canopy.
Special feature 6 : Comes with stand to depict the aircraft in airborne state.
Special feature 7 : 12-page commemorative booklet included
Special feature 8 : 2-piece engine cowl is removable even after completion
Special feature 9 : Includes parts to construct canopy in open or closed position.
Special feature 10 : Comes with 2 sets of rear fuselage parts to recreate initial or late production aircraft.
- Tamiya Product Number: 60324
1/32 Vought F4U-1 Corsair Birdcage plastic model kit
Requirements & Suggestions
- AS-12 - Bare Metal Silver (TAM86512)
- AS-19 - 100ml intermediate Blue (TAM86519)
- AS-20 - 100ml Insignia White (TAM86520)
- AS-8 - 100ml Navy Blue (US NAVY) (TAM86508)
- X-1 - 23ml Black (TAM81001) (TAM81501)
- X-10 - 23ml Gun Metal (TAM81010) (TAM81510)
- X-18 - 23ml Semi Gloss Black (TAM81018) (TAM81518)
- X-17 - 23ml Pink (TAM81017) (TAM81517)
- X-18 - 23ml Semi Gloss Black (TAM81011) (TAM81511)
- X-21 - 23ml Flat Base (TAM81021) (TAM81521)
- X-23 - 23ml Clear Blue (TAM81023) (TAM81523)
- X-25 - 23ml Clear Green (TAM81005) (TAM81505)
- X-26 - 23ml Clear Orange (TAM81026) (TAM81526)
- X-27 - 23ml Clear Red (TAM81027) (TAM81527)
- X-32 - 23ml Titanium Silver (TAM81032) (TAM81532)
- X-4 - 23ml Blue (TAM81004) (TAM81504)
- X-7 - 23ml Red (TAM81007) (TAM81507)
- XF-1 - 23ml Flat Black (TAM81301) (TAM81701)
- XF-10 - 23ml Flat Brown (TAM81310) (TAM81710)
- XF-15 - 23ml Flat Flesh (TAM81315) (TAM81715)
- XF-16 - 23ml Flat Aluminum (TAM81316) (TAM81716)
- XF-18 - 23ml Medium Blue (TAM81318) (TAM81718)
- XF-19 - 23ml Sky Grey (TAM81319) (TAM81719)
- XF-2 - 23ml Flat White (TAM81302) (TAM81702)
- XF-20 - 23ml Medium Grey (TAM81320) (TAM81720)
- XF-24 - 23ml Dark Grey (TAM81324) (TAM81724)
- XF-3 - 23ml Flat Yellow (TAM81303) (TAM81703)
- XF-49 - 23ml Khaki (TAM81349) (TAM81749)
- XF-5 - 23ml Flat Green (TAM81305) (TAM81705)
- XF-55 - 23ml Deck Tan (TAM81355) (TAM81755)
- XF-56 - 23ml Metallic Grey (TAM81356) (TAM81756)
- XF-57 - 23ml Buff (TAM81357) (TAM81757)
- XF-60 - 23ml Dark Yellow (TAM81360) (TAM81760)
- XF-64 - 23ml Red Brown (TAM81364) (TAM81764)
- XF-65 - 23ml Field Grey (TAM81365) (TAM81765)
- XF-66 - 23ml Light Grey (TAM81366) (TAM81766)
- XF-7 - 23ml Flat Red (TAM81307) (TAM81707)
- XF-8 - 23ml Flat Blue (TAM81308) (TAM81708)
- XF-9 - 23ml Hull Red (TAM81309) (TAM81709)
The F4U-1 Corsair was a truly unique aircraft, with a powerful 2,000hp engine and a massive 4m propeller, not to mention the highly characteristic inverted gull-wings. In October of 1940, it was the first American fighter to achieve a speed of 400mph (around 640kph). Initial production models of the aircraft featured a striking canopy called the "Birdcage". The aircraft took part in operations from February 1943, and with its powerful 12.7mm machine guns proved to be a formidable opponent for the Japanese Zero Fighters.
In order to capture the aircraft as accurately as possible, Tamiya designers not only inspected, measured and examined the real aircraft at five different museums across North America, they were also given access to Northrop-Grumman's blueprints. The result is a highly detailed and precise 1/32 scale model of the F4U-1 Corsair.