3-Stall Modern Roundhouse Kit (16 x 20-1/8 x 5-1/2'')
This is the HO Scale 3-Stall Modern Roundhouse - Kit from Walthers.
|Retail $79.98 SAVE 14% !|
1,955 Rewards Points
You Might Also Like
- The Magic and Mystique of Engine Servicing Facilities If there is a land where dragons live, it lies before you. Ahead, dozens of the black monsters rest after battle. The sulfur smells of coal smoke, hot iron and oil mix in the hazy morning air.
- Not long ago, places like Peach Creek, Cheyenne, Roanoke, Portland, Altoona and Spencer shook with the passage of these giants. Whether it was massive articulateds, Queens of the high-speed passenger fleet, or lowly yard goats, steam locos of every size were refueled, repaired and made ready for their next assignment.
- And now, the glory days are back, in an all-new collection of seven HO Scale Cornerstone Series(R) kits from Walthers. Bigger Is Better Finally, you can model the support structures that your biggest and best engines deserve quickly, affordably and easily with Walthers kits.
- Typical American designs, they'll handle any loco from 0-4-0 to 4-8-8-4 and each fits in a space that makes them practical for any layout.
- Easy to Add or Expand Whether modernizing your existing terminal or building a new one, these kits are the perfect starting point.
- They're easily mixed and matched with other structures to capture the look of newer facilities built to speed operations.
- A Central Theme for Limited Space Like the feel of big-time railroading but think you don't have room? Think again!
- Now you can easily design and build a realistic terminal with plenty of action in a small area. It's a perfect way to display and operate your favorite locos too. And, a facility like this provides nonstop work for one or two operators.
- Adaptable to Many Eras Don't model the steam-era? Don't worry, you CAN use these structures on your layout!
- Facilities like these appeared in the 1920s and some are still in use today. A Complete Series of Kits This complete series of Cornerstone Series kits brings you everything you need to model ALL of the facilities you'd find in a typical engine service terminal.
*Authentic American Prototype
*Holds Engines up to 125 Scale Feet Long
*Includes Stall for Bigger Engines up to 145 Scale Feet Long
*Modular Design-Easily Expanded to a Full Circle
*Compact 10-Degree Stall Spacing
*Interior & Exterior Brick Detail
*Fine Window Details
*Floor Inspection Pits
*Decal Signs Included
- Measures: Standard Building: 17-3/4 x 16 x 5-1/2" 44.3 x 40 x 13.7cm With Extended Stall: 20-1/8" 50.3cm Long Pit Depth: 5/16" .78cm
- The Roundhouse was a hallmark of steam-era railroading, and some of these classics are still used today. No matter the weather, workers could easily inspect and service locos under cover. Size was based on the number of engines coming and going in any 24-hour period, with the busiest terminals requiring full-circle roundhouses. Our authentic American model includes three stalls on 10-degree centers to make the most of your available space like the prototype. And with a modular design, you can add as many stalls as your railroad requires using the Modern Roundhouse Add-On Stalls (933-2901, sold separately). For more realism, interior and exterior brick wall details, fine windows, floor inspection pits and much more are all standard. Locos up to 125 scale feet long fit easily inside and parts for a single 145' long stall are also included.
- Walthers Product Number: 933-2900
- Walthers Catalog: 2015 HO, page 389