Why do we offer items for sale that are not currently in stock?
- Most hobby manufacturers announce items that are going to be produced up to 8 months before they actually produce the item. Many times the manufacturers will produce a very low quantity usually not much more than the amount of items that they have 'presold'. In order to ensure that our customers get the items that they want many times it is necessary to pre-order items. Most non-released items are listed online with the expected release date. Additionally, our customers simply want to be the first to receive a new release item.
How our backordered system works?
- Hobbylinc does not charge for any item until the item is shipped to you, unless the order was paid for with PayPal (i.e. we already have received the funds for the order).
- Available items are reserved for you and set aside in a special warehouse inventory until your order is ready to ship.
- When order items online that are known to be out-of-stock, these items will be placed on backorder.
- Backorders may be canceled up to the day they are shipped. PayPal orders will receive a PayPal refund of any unused balance. Credit card orders have not been charged yet for the backordered items, so no refund is necessary.
- If, after placing your order online, Hobbylinc encounters an enexpected stock availability issue you will be notified via email of the issue. Your options on how you would like us to proceed are presented in your Online Order Status. If you chose here to backorder all, or part, of your order then your order will be entered into the Hobbylinc backorder system.
Why keep backorders with Hobbylinc?
- Hobbylinc has a sophisticated backordering system that ensures your backorder will ship quickly once a backordered item arrives. You are assured of a first-come, first-serve, stock allocation upon the availability of the item on backorder. Backordering with Hobbylinc will make sure that you get the item you want and you'll be one of the first to receive it. Hobbylinc.com also provides bi-weekly emails with any change in information concerning your backordered item(s).
How do I check my backorders with Hobbylinc?
- If you have backordered items with hobby link you can check the status of these items by simply using the online Order Status. You may also simply locate the items that you have on backorder online and the line listing will show the expected availability date of the item(s) that you have on backorder.
- Hobbylinc has more than 60,000 items in stock, so it's a good bet that well have the items you are looking for. Unfortunately, we have no control over manufactures production schedule. We can only pass on the information that is provided to us. Please use the backorder availability dates as a guideline only. These dates do change often..