F100D Super Sabre Fighter Aircraft
This is a 1/48 scale F100D Super Sabre Fighter plastic model airplane.
You Might Also Like
- 159 parts in grey plastic
- 9 clear plastic parts for canopy
- Fuselage & wing molded w/authentic details
- Trumpeter Product Number: 2839
- Length: 344 mm
- Wingspan: 247 mm
- 168 pcs
- 8 sprues
Requirements & Suggestions
The F-100 was the USAF first supersonic fighter. It made its initial flight on May 25, 1953, and the first production aircraft was completed in October 1953. The Super Sabre became the first fighter to attain level flight supersonic speed, doing so during its maiden flight Oct. 29, 1953. The F-100 became operational in Sept. 1954. North American built 2,294 F-100s before production ended in 1959.The F-100D was a version of F-100 family, she benefitted from a number of improvements, including increased wing and vertical tail area, additional electronic equipment, autopilot, provision for "Buddy" tanker refueling equipment, two 450 gallon external tanks, and inboard landing flaps.
- F-100D, 55-3668, 55th TFS, 20th TFW, Base at Wrthersfield Air Base. 1959.
- F-100D, 55-3634, 308th TFS, 31st TFW, Tuy Hoa Base, Vietnam, 1970.