GE C44-9W Union Pacific #9660
This is the HO Scale GE C44-9W Union Pacific #9660 from Kato.
You Might Also Like
- Just add a DCC decoder (sold separately) for prototypical sound and DCC functionality.
- Kato Product Number: 376633
- Walthers Product Number: 381-376633
- Factory installed detail parts
- Lighted ditch lights in the high mount position
- Prototypical Late Hi-Adhesion trucks
Requirements & Suggestions
The headliner of GE's 1993 freight locomotive line was the 6 motor, 4400hp C44-9W "Dash 9". Slightly longer than its predecessors at 73 feet, 2 inches, the C44-9W used a new HiAd, bolsterless low-weight truck that was designed for better grip on the rails no matter the weather. A split cooling system lowered engine temperatures and fuel consumption as well, granting these locomotives a longer operation life and lower overhead costs.