U.S. Escort Carrier CVE9 Boat
During the early stage of World War 2, the German Navy's "U-Boat" submarines posed a great threat to the Allied Forces in the North Atlantic Ocean. To counter them, new destroyers were built to escort transport vessels, as well as escort carriers that could provided constant air protection to the convoys for the length of their journey across the Atlantic. This type of aircraft carrier was a modification from certain merchant vessels, and the U.S. Navy made an extensive development and use of them for convoy escort and aircraft transportation.
|Retail $34.00 SAVE 20% !|
1,458 Rewards Points
Buy - Earn - Save
You Might Also Like
- Highly detailed exterior.
- Wide flight deck.
- Several different planes included.
- Crane truck included along with a trailer, pontoon and drum can.
- Several different guns included for armament.
- Scale: 1/700
- Length: 8-3/4" (22.1cm)
- Width: 1-1/2" (3.6cm)
- Tamiya Product Number: 31711
1/700 U.S. Escort Carrier CVE9
Requirements & Suggestions
- Plastic cement (tes3501) (tes3502) (pls00002) (tam87012) or glue (hlc107)
- X-10 - Gun Metal (tam81010) (tam81510)
- X-11 - Chrome Silver (tam81011) (tam81511)
- XF-1 - Flat Black (tam81301) (tam81701)
- XF-17 - Sea Blue (tam81317) (tam81717)
- XF-18 - Medium Blue (tam81318) (tam81718)
- XF-2 - Flat White (tam81302) (tam81702)
- XF-26 - Deep Green (tam81326) (tam81726)
- XF-55 - Deck Tan (tam81355) (tam81755)
- XF-66 - Light Grey (tam81366) (tam81766)
- Paint Brushes
- Sprue Cutter (HCAR0630) (tes8940) (exl55594)
- Modeling Knife (tes50627c) (xacx3201) (exl16001)
- File or Emery Board
- Water for decals
- Adult Supervision
Keep small pieces and sharp edges away from children ages 3 and under.