F6F3/5 Hellcat Fighter
This is a 1/32 Scale Grumman F6F-3/5 Hellcat Plastic Model Kit from Hasegawa.
You Might Also Like
- Detailed 1/32nd scale for static display only
- 97 parts in light grey and clear with fine raised panel lines
- Accurately reproduced Pratt & Whitney R-2800-10 engine and propeller
- Cockpit detail: control stick, instrument panel with raised detail, seat, rear bulkhead, side consoles and 2-part pilot.
- Optional position canopy.
- Detailed landing gear and wheel wells
- Optional position wing flaps and cowl flaps
- Detailed wing machine gun bays with removable panels
- External stores: centerline drop tank, HVAR rockets,
- Scale: 1/32nd
- Wingspan: 398mm
- Length: 313mm
- Hasegawa Product Number: 08057
One 1/32 Scale F6F-3/5 Hellcat Plastic Model Kit.
Requirements & Suggestions
- Plastic cement (tes3501) (tes3502) (pls00002) (tam87012) or glue (hlc107)
- Modeling Knife (tes50627c) (xacx3201) (exl16001)
- Tweezers (tam74003) (exl30416) (tes50632c)
- Water for Decals
- Paint Brushes
- Pin Vise (tam74050) (zon37-145) (squ10801) (xacx7144)
- Toothpicks or Glue Tips (adc121)
- Adult Supervision
The Grumman Hellcat was designed from the beginning to take back the skies over the Pacific from the Japanese Zero. Not as maneuverable as the smaller Zero, the Hellcat's speed and firepower usually won the day. In fact, with a kill ratio of 23:1 the Hellcat can claim to be the most effective fighter aircraft ever built.
- Single decal sheet with markings for 3 aircraft
- 1: F6F-3, a/c 41, VF-17, US Navy
- 2: F6F-5, "Minsi III", LCdr McCambell, VF-15 US Navy
- 3: Hellcat I JV105/E-W, 800 Sqdn, Fleet Air Arm, Royal Navy
- Airframe Colors
- 1: 3-tone Sea Blue(FS35042)/Int.Blue(FS35164)/White(FS37875)
- 2: Overall Gloss Sea Blue
- 3: Slate Grey/Dk Sea Grey camouflage w/Sky undersides
- Detail Colors
- Flat: Black, Aluminum, Metallic Grey, Interior Green, Olive Drab,
- Gloss Colors: Silver, Gun Metal.