P-61B Black Widow Night Fighter
This is a 1/32 scale P-61B " Black Widow " night-fighter Plastic Model Kit by Hobby Boss. Suitable for Ages 14 & Up.
You Might Also Like
- -the Fuselage the MOULDED w / authentic details
- -finely detailed engine
- -finely detailed engine accessory Compartment
- -finely detailed Cockpit
- - Newly tooled wings reader presents each Represent Real ones
- - Optional position flaps
- -Photo-Etched Parts for interior details
- HobbyBoss Product Number: HY83209
- Model size Length: 472.2mm Wingspan: 628.8 mm
- Total number of parts 550 +
- The total number of offset 26 sprues and tires
Requirements & Suggestions
Since the National Air Force began to pay attention to night bombing, bombing began to become more efficient than ever. In order to counter the enemy's night bombing campaign, a series of night fighters began to be put into use. In Americans began their night fighter project. But it was not until 1943, 10 months P-61 "Black Widow" service, they have been using the Douglas P-70 "catastrophe" and imperial "Beaufighter" to compete with the Japanese.
With the advent of more powerful airborne interception radar SCR-720C , the military began to upgrade their P-61 to accommodate the latest radar. This is equipped with SCR-270C radar "black widow" is named P-61B . B -type extended nose to accommodate the radar and re-installed in the latter part of the back of the turret.