This is the 1/72 Scale C-47 Skytrain Plastic Model Airplane Kit from Italeri. Suitable for Ages 14 & Up.
You Might Also Like
- Detailed 1/72nd scale for static display only..:
- 84 parts in olive green and clear with recessed panel lines..:
- Detailed engines, cowlings, landing gear and wheel wells..:
- Interior detail: cockpit with seats, instrument panel and controls plus full cargo bay floor and bulkheads..:
- Detailed landing gear..:
- 3 optional types of carburetor air intakes on top of engine cowling..:
- Scale: 1/72:
- Wingspan: 15-3/4 (40.2cm):
- Length: 10-3/4 (27.3cm)
- Italeri Product Number: 550127
One 1/72 C-47 Dakota Aircraft Kit:
Requirements & Suggestions
The DC-3 is one of the most famous aircraft in the history of aviation. Its introduction in the 1930's revolutionised air travel and made it possible for even the average person to afford to fly. When WWII began in 1939, the DC-3 was quickly adapted for military use and pressed into service as the C-47, also known as the Skytrain. The C-47 was used by all the Allied nations during the war and continued in service long afterward. Eventually, some C-47's were even converted to heavily armed gunships and used in Vietnam.
- Single decal sheet with markings for 2 aircraft::
- 1: C-47A, S/N 315159, Z, 94th Sqdn, 439th TCG, USAAF, June 1944.:
- 2: Dakota MkIII, S/N KG374, No 271 Sqdn, RAF, Normandy, 1944.:
- Airframe colors::
- 1 & 2: Overall olive drab with neutral grey undersides plus black &:
- white invasion stripes.:
- Additional Paints Required::
- Flat: Black, Leather, Zinc Chromate, Brown, Dk Gull Grey, Dk Green, Rust.
- Gloss: Steel, Yellow, Gun Metal, Red, Green: