Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec II Sportscar
The Nissan Skyline GT-R (R32), released in 1989, was developed as a base machine for Group-A races. Taking full advantage of its powerful 2.6l, 6-cylinder, twin turbo engine, it was equipped with a 4WD system. Originally designated as R32, the car was termed R33 in 1995 and R34 in 1999. In October 2000, the Skyline underwent minor changes such as the addition of large rear brakes to upgrade performance further. This new evolution was called the V-spec II. The most drastic alteration was the replacement of the aluminum hood with a new carbon hood featuring a NACA duct. The carbon pattern of the hood would stand out even when painted the same color as the car body. Both inside and outside surfaces of the hood were designed using RTM, a new construction method yeilding smooth surfaces. The V-spec II also features the previous improvements of the V-spec: front/rear diffusers and 18-inch tires, brake discs with Brembo calipers, and a 6-speed transmission. In February 2002, Nissan released a limited edition car called "Nur", named after the Nurburgring circuit, and equipped with an N1 racing specification engine. Combining the impressive specifications of both the V-spec II and the M-spec, 1000 units of the "Nur" were produced in all. Marketed as the last GT-R to equip a straight 6 engine, all 1000 were sold-out in one day, attesting to its incredible popularity. The new 2000 gas regulation forced Nissan to end production of the GT-r in August 2002, however the glory of this ultimate sports car lives on.
|Retail $35.00 SAVE 20% !|
1,538 Rewards Points
You Might Also Like
- Body is molded in white plastic.
- Clear pieces are included for windows, windscreen and light lenses.
- Detailed molding of body panels.
- Extremely realistic suspension.
- Solid rubber tires with realistic tread pattern.
- Quality waterslide decals.
- Detailed pictorial instructions.
- Scale: 1/24
- Length: 7-1/4" (18.4cm)
- Width: 3" (7.6cm
- Tamiya Product Number: 24258
1/24 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec II
Requirements & Suggestions
- Plastic cement (TES3501) (TES3502) (PLS00002) (TAM87012) or glue (HLC107)
- Modeling Knife (EXL16001) (XACX3627) (EXL16018) or Sprue Cutter (XUR410A) (TES8940) (EXL55594)
- Tweezers (TAM74003) (EXL30416) (TES50632C)
- Paint Brushes
- Pin Vise (TAM74050) (ZON37-145) (SQU10801) (XACX7144)
- Toothpicks or Glue Tips (ADC121)