PBY5A Black Cat Aircraft
This is a plastic 1/72 Consolidated PBY-5A Catalina USN Patrol Airplane from Academy Plastics. It's for experienced modelers.
The PBY-5A was the first version of this famous aircraft equipped with with landing gear, which made it a true amphibian plane. Painted black and armed with bombs and radar, the PBY-5A was used effectively against ships.
|Retail $41.00 SAVE 21% !|
920 Rewards Points
You Might Also Like
- Detailed 1/72nd scale for static display only..
- Markings included for one aircraft..
- 112 parts in black and clear with delicate recessed panel lines..
- Accurately reproduced engines and cowlings, optional front gu turrets..
- Detailed waist gun positions with walkways and guns..
- Cockpit detail: seats, bulkheads, instrument panel with decal bulkheads..
- Detailed wing tip floats and retraction mechanism..
- Bomb ordnance and radar antennae included..
- Service History: USN patrol aircraft; served throughout WWII..
- Description: Twin engine, high wing, flying boat..
- Scale: 1/72
- Length: 10-1/2" (26.6cm)
One 1/72 Consolidated PBY-5A Catalina USN Patrol Airplane
Requirements & Suggestions
- Hobby Knife
- Paint: (see MARKING OPTIONS)
- Liquid Plastic Cement
- White Glue
- CA or Tube Type Thick Plastic Cement
- Nice-to-have tools: Needle File Set, Sprue Cutter, Airbrush
- Single sheet of decals which contains national insignia, instrument panel and code letters.
- Kit markings are for "Black Cat" B64 - no unit information given.
- Overall: Flat Black.
- Additional Paints Required
- Flat: Black, Aluminum, Metallic Grey, Yellow, Green, White, Interior Green.
- Gloss: Silver, Gun Metal.