F4F-4 USN WILDCAT
This is the Academy Grumman F4F-4 Wildcat US Navy Fighter 1/72 scale plastic model airplane kit.
|Retail $10.50 SAVE 28% !|
216 Rewards Points
You Might Also Like
- 35 plastic pieces attached to sprues and molded in grey..
- The surface of the plane is decorated with fully engraved pane lines and rivet detail..
- Highly detailed cockpit interior includes a pilot and controls..
- Authentic engine assembly with propeller..
- Sports optional position landing gear and fuel tanks..
- Clear plastic canopy allows close inspection of cockpit..
- Includes a small black stand for display purposes..
- Detailed pictorial instructions guide you through assembly..
- Scale: 1/72
- Length: 4-1/2" (113mm) (approximately)
- Width: 7" (177mm) (approximately)
- Height: 1-1/2" (36mm) (approximately)
One 1/72 Plastic Grumman F4F-4 Wildcat US Navy Fighter
Requirements & Suggestions
- Plastic cement (TES3501) (TES3502) (PLS00002) (TAM87012) or glue (HLC107)
- Paint (see MARKING OPTIONS)
- Sprue Cutter (XUR410A) (TES8940) (EXL55594)
- Modeling Knife (EXL16001) (XACX3627) (EXL16018)
- File or Emery Board
- Scissors (XUR9180ET) (TAM74068) (TAM74031) (EXL55611)
- Tweezers (TAM74003) (EXL30416) (TES50632C)
- Water for Decals
- Glue Tips or Toothpicks
- Adult Supervision
When the Japanese attacked the United States in 1941, the most modern fighter in the Navy was the Grumman F4F Wildcat. Although the Wildcat was small, it was not as fast or maneuverable as the Japanese Zero Fighter, but it was a very durable machine. However, in the hands of an experienced pilot, the Wildcat could best the feared Zero. Thankfully, the Grumman fighter was able to fend off the enemy until the more powerful Hellcat was available about one year later.
- One Decal Sheet with Markings for One Aircraft
- 1: Grumman F4F-4 US Navy Wildcat
- Airframe Colors
- 1: Blue-Gray, White
- Detail Colors
- Black, Orange, Tan, Yellow-Green, Gray, White, Yellow, Silver
- Keep small parts and sharp edges away from children..
- Care should be taken when using tools and modeling knives..
- Modeling paint should only be used by an adult in a well-ventilate area..