TBF1 Avenger US Bomber
This is the Academy TBF-1 Avenger US Navy Torpedo Bomber 1/72 scale plastic model airplane kit.
|Retail $14.25 SAVE 19% !|
330 Rewards Points
Buy - Earn - Save
You Might Also Like
- Plastic pieces attached to sprues and molded in grey..
- The surface of the plane is decorated with fully engraved pane lines and rivet detail..
- Highly detailed cockpit interior includes a pilot and controls..
- At the end of the long windowed cockpit a clear bubble houses a sea from which a deadly machine gun may be fired at the enemy..
- Authentic engine assembly with propeller..
- Sports optional position landing gear..
- Clear plastic canopy allows close inspection of cockpit..
- Includes a grey plastic stand for display purposes..
- Detailed pictorial instructions guide you through assembly..
- Scale: 1/72
- Length: 4-1/2" (112mm) (approximately)
- Width: 9-1/4" (233mm) (approximately)
- Height: 1-3/4" (43mm) (approximately)
One 1/72 Plastic TBF-1 Avenger US Navy Torpedo Bomber
Requirements & Suggestions
- Plastic cement (tes3501) (tes3502) (pls00002) (tam87012) or glue (hlc107)
- Paint (see MARKING OPTIONS)
- Sprue Cutter (HCAR0630) (tes8940) (exl55594)
- Modeling Knife (tes50627c) (xacx3201) (exl16001)
- File or Emery Board
- Scissors (xur9180et) (tam74068) (tam74031) (exl55611)
- Tweezers (tam74003) (exl30416) (tes50632c)
- Water for Decals
- Glue Tips or Toothpicks
- Adult Supervision
The TBF-1 Avenger was available in sufficient numbers to be present for the outbreak of WWII despite the fact that it only made its first flight on 1 August 1941. The Avenger was especially popular because it could carry a full size submarine torpedo. This requires a weapons bay capable of carrying up to 2,000 pounds of bombs or other weapons. The Avenger also carried more defensive armament than many craft. The Avenger remained in use both during and after World War II.
- One Decal Sheet with Markings for One Aircraft
- 1: TBF-1 Avenger US Navy Torpedo Bomber
- Airframe and Detail Colors: Dark Blue, Intermediate Blue, Yellow, White, Black
- Keep small parts and sharp edges away from children..
- Care should be taken when using tools and modeling knives..
- Modeling paint should only be used by an adult in a well-ventilate area..