F-4E Phantom II Jet Plane Aircraft
This is a plastic model kit of a 1/32 Scale F-4E Phantom II by Tamiya.
|Retail $213.00 SAVE 20% !|
9,368 Rewards Points
Buy - Earn - Save
You Might Also Like
- Assembly kit of the early production version of the F-4E Phantom II main fighter of the U.S. Airforce.
- Scale: 1/32, fuselage length: 600mm, wingspan: 368mm. The intrepid form of the F-4E Phantom with its characteristically elongated nose, has been accurately reproduced.
- Fuselage has been molded as one piece with intricate areas faithfully recreated. Main pieces can be fastened to fuselage with screws.
- Plane's nose can be reproduced with clear parts to allow viewing of the details of the 20mm M61A1 6 barrel Vulcan gun pod and AN/APQ-120 radar after model assembly.
- Exquisite detail of cockpit and instrument panels portrayed in superb detail. Canopy can be assembled in the open or closed position.
- Landing gear reproduced with dye-cast parts and tires are recreated with real rubber.
- Parts for recreation of full armament, such as air-to-air missiles, are included in kit. Kit also features pilot and co-pilot figures as well as decals for replication of two different planes.
- Scale: 1/32
- Length: 23.6" (60.0cm)
- Wingspan: 14.5" (36.8cm)
- Tamiya Product Number: 60310
- One 1/32 Scale McDonnell Douglas F-4E Phantom II (Early Production)
- Plastic Model Kit.
Requirements & Suggestions
- Plastic cement (tes3501) (tes3502) (pls00002) (tam87012) or glue (hlc107)
- Modeling Knife (tes50627c) (exl16001) or Sprue Cutter (HCAR0630) (tes8940) (exl55594)
- Small Phillips Screwdriver
- Tweezers (tam74003) (exl30416) (tes50632c)
- Water for Waterslide Decals
- AS-13 - Green (tam86513)
- AS-14 - Olive Green (tam86514)
- AS-15 - Tan (tam86515)
- AS-16 - Light Gray (tam86516)
- X-1 - Black (tam81001) (tam81501)
- X-10 - Gun Metal (tam81010) (tam81510)
- X-11 - Chrome Silver (tam81011) (tam81511)
- X-12 - Gold Leaf (tam81012) (tam81512)
- X-18 - Semi Gloss Black (tam81018) (tam81518)
- X-21 - Flat Base (tam81021) (tam81521)
- X-27 - Clear Red (tam81027) (tam81527)
- X-31 - Titanium Gold (tam81031) (tam81531)
- X-4 - Blue (tam81004) (tam81504)
- X-7 - Red (tam81007) (tam81507)
- X-8 - Lemon Yellow (tam81008) (tam81508)
- XF-1 - Flat Black (tam81301) (tam81701)
- XF-16 - Flat Aluminum (tam81316) (tam81716)
- XF-19 - Sky Grey (tam81319) (tam81719)
- XF-2 - Flat White (tam81302) (tam81702)
- XF-24 - Dark Grey (tam81324) (tam81724)
- XF-28 - Dark Copper (tam81328) (tam81728)
- XF-51 - Khaki Drab (tam81351) (tam81751)
- XF-55 - Deck Tan (tam81355) (tam81755)
- XF-56 - Metallic Grey (tam81356) (tam81756)
- XF-57 - Buff (tam81357) (tam81757)
- XF-58 - Olive Green (tam81358) (tam81758)
- XF-61 - Dark Green (tam81361) (tam81761)
- XF-62 - Olive Drab (tam81362) (tam81762)
- XF-7 - Flat Red (tam81307) (tam81707)
- Paint Brushes
- Pin Vise (tam74050) (zon37-145) (squ10801)
- Toothpicks or Glue Tips
The F-4E came into production as an improved version of the F-4C/D and was to be the most advanced model of the Phantom series. After elongating the fighter's nose and installing a more compact radar, the solid-state Westinghouse AN/APQ-120, the installation of a nose-mounted gun became possible and a 20mm M61A1 6 barrel Vulcan gun pod was employed. The Vulcan 20mm cannon, with its ammunition drum of approximately 640 rounds, was capable of firing 4000-6000 rounds a minute and proved reliable in air-to-ground and close quarters aerial combat. F-4E made its first flight in June 1967 and entered the rising conflict of the Vietnam War in November 1968 when the first F-4E's reached Korat in Thailand and joined up with the 469th Tactical Fighter Squadron. By the time of the cease-fire of 1973 the F-4E was credited with a total of 21 MiG kills, 5 brought down by gunfire alone.
- Decal Options:
- 1: 469th TFS, 388th TFW Korat RTAFB, 1968.
- 2: 469th TFS, 388th TFW Anderson AFB in 1973.