This is a 1/48 Plastic P-40C Tomahawk Model Kit from Academy Plastics. It's for ages 10 and up.
The P-40C Tomahawk is an early model of the Curtiss Wright P-40 series. The first flight of the Tomahawk was on April 10, 1941. It was equipped with a new fuel supplying system and much more advanced radio equipment. Of the 16,802 P-40s, 1,705 of them were the "C" type. Currently, only one of these historical craft has been restored and is being kept in flight condition.
|Retail $29.00 SAVE 21% !|
652 Rewards Points
You Might Also Like
- Plastic pieces attached to sprues and molded in light grey..
- The exterior of the craft is complete with fully engraved pane lines..
- Sports a highly detailed cockpit interior..
- Super detailed engine gives the craft a great sense of realism..
- The craft is armed with machine guns that are carefully hidden in th forward-facing tip of each wing..
- Carefully designed landing gear is an exact replica of the rea thing..
- Detailed pictorial instructions guide you through assembly..
- Scale: 1/48
- Length: 7-1/2" (19cm)
- Width: 9-1/4" (23.5cm)
- Height: 2-1/2" (6.3cm)
One 1/48 Plastic P-40C Tomahawk Model Kit
Requirements & Suggestions
- Plastic cement (TES3501) (TES3502) (PLS00002) (TAM87012) or glue (HLC107)
- Paint (see MARKING OPTIONS)
- Sprue Cutter (XUR410A) (TES8940) (EXL55594)
- Modeling Knife (EXL16001) (XACX3627) (EXL16018)
- File or Emery Board
- Scissors (XUR9180ET) (TAM74068) (TAM74031) (EXL55611)
- Tweezers (TAM74003) (EXL30416) (TES50632C)
- Water for Decals
- Glue Tips or Toothpicks
- Adult Supervision
- One Decal Sheet with Markings for Two Aircraft
- 1: Curtiss Hawk 81-A2 (P-40C), Robert H. Neale, 1st PS, Jun 1942
- 2: Cuetiss Hawk 81-A2 (P-40C), Charles Older, 3rd PS, May 1942
- Airframe Colors
- 1: Dark Green, Dark Earth, Sky Gray
- 2: Dark Green, Dark Earth, Sky Gray
- Detail Colors
- Flat Black, Clear Blue, Semigloss Black, Brown, White
- Keep small parts and sharp edges away from children..
- Care should be taken when using tools and modeling knives..
- Modeling paint should only be used by an adult in a well-ventilate area..