This is a 1/48 Plastic P-40C Tomahawk Model Kit from Academy Plastics. It's for ages 10 and up.
The P-40C Tomahawk is an early model of the Curtiss Wright P-40 series. The first flight of the Tomahawk was on April 10, 1941. It was equipped with a new fuel supplying system and much more advanced radio equipment. Of the 16,802 P-40s, 1,705 of them were the "C" type. Currently, only one of these historical craft has been restored and is being kept in flight condition.
|Retail $25.00 SAVE 21% !|
561 Rewards Points
Buy - Earn - Save
You Might Also Like
- Plastic pieces attached to sprues and molded in light grey..
- The exterior of the craft is complete with fully engraved pane lines..
- Sports a highly detailed cockpit interior..
- Super detailed engine gives the craft a great sense of realism..
- The craft is armed with machine guns that are carefully hidden in th forward-facing tip of each wing..
- Carefully designed landing gear is an exact replica of the rea thing..
- Detailed pictorial instructions guide you through assembly..
- Scale: 1/48
- Length: 7-1/2" (19cm)
- Width: 9-1/4" (23.5cm)
- Height: 2-1/2" (6.3cm)
One 1/48 Plastic P-40C Tomahawk Model Kit
Requirements & Suggestions
- Plastic cement (tes3501) (tes3502) (pls00002) (tam87012) or glue (hlc107)
- Paint (see MARKING OPTIONS)
- Sprue Cutter (HCAR0630) (tes8940) (exl55594)
- Modeling Knife (tes50627c) (xacx3201) (exl16001)
- File or Emery Board
- Scissors (xur9180et) (tam74068) (tam74031) (exl55611)
- Tweezers (tam74003) (exl30416) (tes50632c)
- Water for Decals
- Glue Tips or Toothpicks
- Adult Supervision
- One Decal Sheet with Markings for Two Aircraft
- 1: Curtiss Hawk 81-A2 (P-40C), Robert H. Neale, 1st PS, Jun 1942
- 2: Cuetiss Hawk 81-A2 (P-40C), Charles Older, 3rd PS, May 1942
- Airframe Colors
- 1: Dark Green, Dark Earth, Sky Gray
- 2: Dark Green, Dark Earth, Sky Gray
- Detail Colors
- Flat Black, Clear Blue, Semigloss Black, Brown, White
- Keep small parts and sharp edges away from children..
- Care should be taken when using tools and modeling knives..
- Modeling paint should only be used by an adult in a well-ventilate area..