Vought F4U-1A Corsair Fighter Aircraft
In June 1942, the F4U-1 production models made their maiden flight. However, due to their restricted forward field of view, and because of a propeller wash effect caused them to stall left wing first during low speed landings, they first were used as land based fighters. Succeeding the F4U-1 in the summer of 1943 was the F4U-1A, which was equipped with an extended rear wheel landing gear shaft, a slightly modified glazed canopy, and a small triangular strip of metal bolted to the right leading edge of the wing to equalize the stall and avoid the roll to the left at touch-down.
|Retail $32.00 SAVE 20% !|
1,316 Rewards Points
Buy - Earn - Save
You Might Also Like
- Two figures (seated and standing) included.
- Equipped with an extended rear wheel landing gear shaft.
- Selectable external props.
- Weapons included.
- Extended and folded wings.
- Scale: 1/48
- Wingspan: 9-1/4" (23.6cm)
- Fuselage Length: 8" (20.5cm)
- Tamiya Product Number: 61070
1/48 Vought F4U-1A Corsair plastic model kit
Requirements & Suggestions
- Plastic cement (tes3501) (tes3502) (pls00002) (tam87012) or glue (hlc107)
- AS-19 - Intermediate Blue (tam86519)
- AS-20 - Insignia White (tam86520)
- AS-8 - Navy Blue (tam86508)
- X-10 - Gun Metal (tam81010) (tam81510)
- X-11 - Chrome Silver (tam81011) (tam81511)
- X-18 - Semi Gloss Black (tam81018) (tam81518)
- X-4 - Blue (tam81004) (tam81504)
- X-5 - Green (tam81305) (tam81705)
- X-6 - Orange (tam81006) (tam81506)
- X-7 - Red (tam81007) (tam81507)
- XF-1 - Flat Black (tam81301) (tam81701)
- XF-15 - Flat Flesh (tam81715) (tam81315)
- XF-16 - Flat Aluminum (tam81316) (tam81716)
- XF-19 - Sky Grey (tam81319) (tam81719)
- XF-3 - Flat Yellow (tam81303) (tam81703)
- XF-5 - Flat Green (tam81305) (tam81705)
- XF-52 - Flat Earth (tam81352) (tam81752)
- XF-55 - Deck Tan (tam81355) (tam81755)
- XF-57 - Buff (tam81357) (tam81757)
- XF-58 - Olive Green (tam81358) (tam81758)
- XF-7 - Flat Red (tam81307) (tam81707)
- Paint Brushes
- Modeling Knife (tes50627c) (exl16001)
- Scissors (xur9180et) (tam74068) (tam74031) (exl55611)
- Sprue Cutter (HCAR0630) (tes8940) (exl55594)
- File or Emery Board
- Tweezers (tam74003) (exl30416) (tes50632c)
- Pin Vise (tam74050) (zon37-145) (squ10801)
- Water for Decals
- Adult Supervision
- Decal Options:
- 1): 122, Star Insignia, Stripe Insignia.
- 2): Skull/Crossbone Insignia, Star Insignia, Big Hog, Hand Grip.
Please keep all small parts and sharp edges away from children ages 3 and under.