This is the Academy Curtiss P-40E Kittyhawk 1/72 scale plastic model airplane kit.
|Retail $16.50 SAVE 28% !|
339 Rewards Points
You Might Also Like
- Detailed 1/72nd scale kit for static display only.
- 59 parts in light grey and clear with fine recessed panel lines.
- Detailed wheel wells and landing gear.
- Multi part canopy may be posed open or closed.
- Cockpit: features instrument panel, seat, control stick and floo rear armour plate.
- One drop tank and one bomb included.
- Detailed nose radiator assembly and exhaust stacks are separate t facilitate painting..
- Scale: 1/72
- Length: 5.20" (13.2cm)
- Wingspan: 6.22" (15.8cm)
One 1/72 Curtiss P-40E Kittyhawk Plastic Aircraft Kit
Requirements & Suggestions
- Modeling Knife (EXL16001) (XACX3627) (EXL16018)
- Paint Brushes
- Paint (See MARKING OPTIONS)
- Liquid Plastic Cement - for major components (Testors, TENAX 7R)
- White Glue - for clear parts (Odourless CA or TENAX 7R)
- Thick Plastic Cement - for detail parts (CA or Tube Type)
- Nice-to-Have Tools: Needle File Set, Sprue Cutter (see XURON), and Airbrush.
The Curtiss P-40 was the only USAAF fighter available in quantity when the US entered WWII in 1941. By that time, the aircraft was almost obsolete compared to its adversaries but soldiered on throughout the war as various improvements were made in its design. The P-40E gained fame through its use by Gen Claire Chennault's Flying Tigers in China but the aircraft also saw service across the globe from Alaska to N. Africa.
- One decal sheet with markings for 3 aircraft
- 1: P-40E, 49, 11th FS/343rd FG, USAAF, Aleutian Islands, 1942
- 2: P-40E, ET601 "Texas Longhorns", 1st Lt John D Landers, 9th FS/49th FG, USAAF, New Guinea, 1942
- 3: P-40E, "U", Sqdn Ldr Richard Cresswell, 77 Sqdn, RAAF, New Guinea
- Airframe Colors
- 1: Overall Olive Drab with Neutral Grey undersides
- 2 & 3: Dk Earth/Dk Green camouflage w/Sky Grey undersides
- Detail Colors: Flat: Interior Green, Black, Yellow, Red, Blue, Khaki, Tan, Brown Gloss: Silver