Vought F4U-1D Corsair Fighter Aircraft
This is a plastic model kit of a 1/48 Scale Vought F4U-1D Corsair Fighter Aircraft by Tamiya.
|Retail $34.00 SAVE 25% !|
1,332 Rewards Points
You Might Also Like
- Highly detailed exterior.
- Extra fuel tank included.
- Attaching canopy, wings, landing gear, and flaps.
- Pilot standing on wing included.
- Tamiya Product Number: 61061
1/48 Vought F4U-1D Corsair plastic model kit
Requirements & Suggestions
- Plastic cement (TES3501) (PLS00002) (TAM87012) or glue (HLC107)
- AS-12 - Bare Metal Silver (TAM86512)
- AS-8 - Navy Blue (TAM86508)
- X-10 - Gun Metal (TAM81010) (TAM81510)
- X-11 - Chrome Silver (TAM81011) (TAM81511)
- X-18 - Semi Gloss Black (TAM81018) (TAM81518)
- X-4 - Blue (TAM81004) (TAM81504)
- X-5 - Green (TAM81305) (TAM81705)
- X-6 - Orange (TAM81006) (TAM81506)
- X-7 - Red (TAM81007) (TAM81507)
- XF-1 - Flat Black (TAM81301) (TAM81701)
- XF-15 - Flat Flesh (TAM81715) (TAM81315)
- XF-16 - Flat Aluminum (TAM81316) (TAM81716)
- XF-19 - Sky Grey (TAM81319) (TAM81719)
- XF-3 - Flat Yellow (TAM81303) (TAM81703)
- XF-5 - Flat Green (TAM81305) (TAM81705)
- XF-52 - Flat Earth (TAM81352) (TAM81752)
- XF-55 - Deck Tan (TAM81355) (TAM81755)
- XF-57 - Buff (TAM81357) (TAM81757)
- Paint Brushes
- Sprue Cutter (XUR410A) (EXL55594)
- Modeling Knife (EXL16001) (EXL16018)
- File or Emery Board
- Water for decals
- Adult Supervision
Designed around the new Pratt & Whitney 2,000HP radial engine and tuning the largest propeller ever attached to a fighter plane, the Vought F4U Corsair became a legend in its own time. The F4U-1 was the first production version of the Corsair. It had a inverted gull-wing and a framed canopy with a flat top.
However many problems were found soon. For example, the port wing stall often gave the Corsair unstable landing. And another problem was poor visibility because of its long nose and framed canopy. Therefore F4U-1A: the cockpit was raised about seven inches, the framed canopy was replaced with a semi-bubble design canopy, and the taller tail wheel strut was equipped; was introduced. F4U-1D with clear vision canopy on frameless was introduced later for more visibility. Also the F4U-1D had two pylons under the center wing section that could carry the bombs up to 1,000 pounds and the napalm. Furthermore 5 inch rockets could be carried under each wing.
Therefore in 1944, the F4U-1D was formally deployed as the first carrier based aircraft of Corsair series. Beginning by placing the F4U-1D as Marine squadrons VMF-124 and VMF-213 aboard the ESSEX on the way to the Philippines, the F4U-1D was used for attacking Japan as the first operation from U.S. Navy in 1945. About 3,700 amounts of F4U-1D were produced, then it held an established position from U.S. Navy because of its ability and reliance.
- Decal Options:
- 1): 167, 3/12/44, Hand Grip, Enclosure Release, Navy 57803, F4U-1D,
- Arrow Insignia, Star Insignia.
- 2): INSP, F4U-1D, Fire Extinguisher Inside, Arrow Insignia, Star
- 3): INSP, F4U-1D, Fire Extinguisher Inside, 107, 3/12/44, Star
Keep small pieces and sharp edges away from children ages 3 and under.