P47D Razorback Fighter
This is a 1/72 Plastic P-47D Thunderbolt "Razor-Back" Model Kit from Academy Plastics. It's for ages 10 and up.
The P-47 was a workhorse during the last half of WWII. The craft was large and heavy but thanks to a powerful engine and solid design the P-47D could perform with great agility. Commonly used to escort U.S. bombers, the craft was also quite capable of ground attack. Nearly 12,602 "D" models were built, more than any other fighter sub-type in history.
|Retail $15.25 SAVE 14% !|
376 Rewards Points
Buy - Earn - Save
You Might Also Like
- Plastic pieces attached to sprues and molded in light grey..
- Modelers will enjoy the fine surface detail, such as bolt heads an metal seams, that decorate the exterior of the craft..
- The cockpit is complete with a seat, controls, and gauges..
- The detailed engine and propeller assemblies give the craft a ver life-like look..
- Authentically modeled landing gear..
- The plane is armed with machine guns that peek innocently from th edge of each wing..
- Bombs and external fuel tanks are mounted on the bottom of th fuselage..
- Clear plastic canopy..
- Detailed pictorial instructions guide you through assembly..
- Scale: 1/72
- Length: 5" (12.6cm) (approximately)
- Width: 6-3/4" (17.1cm) (approximately)
- Height: 1-3/4" (4.3cm) (approximately)
One 1/72 Plastic P-47D Thunderbolt "Razor-Back" Model Kit
Requirements & Suggestions
- Plastic cement (tes3501) (tes3502) (pls00002) (tam87012) or glue (hlc107)
- Paint (see MARKING OPTIONS)
- Sprue Cutter (HCAR0630) (tes8940) (exl55594)
- Modeling Knife (tes50627c) (xacx3201) (exl16001)
- File or Emery Board
- Scissors (xur9180et) (tam74068) (tam74031) (exl55611)
- Tweezers (tam74003) (exl30416) (tes50632c)
- Water for Decals
- Glue Tips or Toothpicks
- Adult Supervision
- One Decal Sheet with Markings for Two Aircraft
- 1: Lt. Cecil O. Dean, 317th FS/325th FG, Spring 1944 Foggia, Italy
- 2: Lt. A.H. Rainbow, 391st FS/366th FG, Late 1944, France
- Airframe and Detail Colors
- 1: Olive Drab, Neutral Gray
- 2: Olive Drab, Neutral Gray
- Keep small parts and sharp edges away from children..
- Care should be taken when using tools and modeling knives..
- Modeling paint should only be used by an adult in a well-ventilate area..