F4U1 Corsair Fighter
This is the Academy F4U-1 Corsair 1/72 scale plastic model airplane kit.
|Retail $16.50 SAVE 21% !|
370 Rewards Points
You Might Also Like
- Plastic pieces attached to sprues and molded in light blue..
- The surface of the plane is decorated with fully engraved pane lines and rivet detail..
- Highly detailed cockpit interior includes a seat and controls..
- Authentic engine assembly with propeller..
- Modelers have the option of attaching an assortment of bombs and a external fuel cell to the fuselage..
- Clear plastic canopy allows close inspection of cockpit..
- Detailed pictorial instructions guide you through assembly..
- Scale: 1/72
- Length: 5" (12.6cm) (approximately)
- Width: 6-3/4" (17.1cm) (approximately)
- Height: 2" (5cm) (approximately)
One 1/72 Plastic F4U-1 Corsair Model Kit
Requirements & Suggestions
- Plastic cement (TES3501) (TES3502) (PLS00002) (TAM87012) or glue (HLC107)
- Paint (see MARKING OPTIONS)
- Sprue Cutter (XUR410A) (TES8940) (EXL55594)
- Modeling Knife (EXL16001) (XACX3627) (EXL16018)
- File or Emery Board
- Scissors (XUR9180ET) (TAM74068) (TAM74031) (EXL55611)
- Tweezers (TAM74003) (EXL30416) (TES50632C)
- Water for Decals
- Glue Tips or Toothpicks
- Adult Supervision
The F4U was designed in 1938 to meet the U.S. Navy's need for a high-speed carrier-based fighter. The governing principle behind the design of this plane was to place the largest possible engine in the smallest frame. This changed the possible landing gear configurations and ultimately resulted in the introduction of the inverted gullwing. While the plane proved to be unsuitable for carrier operation, it was used extensively in a land-based role.
- One Decal Sheet with Markings for Two Aircraft
- 1: F4U-1A, VF-17 Squadron C.O., Cdr. Tommy Blackburn, Late 1943
- 2: VMF-212, Capt. P.C. Delong, 1945
- Airframe Colors
- 1: Flat Navy Blue, Medium Blue, Flat White
- 2: Gloss Navy Blue
- Detail Colors: White, Black, Yellow, Silver, Metallic Gray, Clear Red, Clear Blue, Clear Yellow
- Keep small parts and sharp edges away from children..
- Care should be taken when using tools and modeling knives..
- Modeling paint should only be used by an adult in a well-ventilate area..