BB-63 Missouri Battleship Boat
The Iowa Class Battleships were the largest and final great battleships of the US Navy. They included the BB-61 Iowa, the BB-62 New Jersey, and the third ship, the famous BB-63 Battleship Missouri. These ships, which boasted an amazing 212,000hp allowing a 33knots max speed, were armed with massive 40.6cm main guns. The Iowa Class ships stretched 270.4m but were relatively thin, with only 33m max length, enabling these ships to pass through the Panama Canal. Being commissioned in June 1944, the USS Missouri took part in many operations during the Pacific War including bombardments on Japanese mainland and capital. On September 2, 1945, the treaty for the unconditional surrender of Japanese forces was signed onboard the deck of the historical USS Missouri. With the outbreak of the Korean War in June 1950 the USS Missouri was deployed again with the other Iowa Class Battleships for fire support. The USS Missouri was relegated to reserve duty in 1955, but became subject to complete renovation and modernization in 1986 when she was fitted with the latest in electronic weapon systems, cruise missiles and other improvements. In 1991, the USS Missouri was deployed to fight in the Gulf War. Finally, in 1993, after about a half-century of service, this historical Battleship was at last retired.
|Retail $50.00 SAVE 25% !|
1,896 Rewards Points
You Might Also Like
- A plastic assembly kit of the U.S. Navy Battleship Missouri.
- 1/700 scale
- Overall length: 386.5mm
- Overall width: 47mm
- The long and narrow form of USS Missouri's hull has been accurately replicated.
- Missouri's characteristics such as the main structure coupled with the front funnel have been reproduced.
- The hull has been divided in two halves in order to reproduce the finest details.
- The finest details of the main structure and the masts have been accurately recreated.
- The main turrets can rotate after completion via polycap.
- Equipment such as armament including 40mm and 20mm guns are sharply reproduced.
- Kit includes two types of floatplanes, Vought OS2U Kingfishers and Curtiss SC-1 Seahawks.
- Tamiya Product Number: 31613
1/700 BB-63 Missouri
Requirements & Suggestions
- Plastic cement (TES3501) (PLS00002) (TAM87012) or glue (HLC107)
- Modeling Knife (EXL16001) (EXL16018) or Sprue Cutter (XUR410A) (EXL55594)
- Tweezers (TAM74003) (EXL30416)
- Water for Waterslide Decals
- X-10 - Gun Metal (TAM81010) (TAM81510)
- X-11 - Chrome Silver (TAM81011) (TAM81511)
- XF-1 - Flat Black (TAM81301) (TAM81701)
- XF-53 - Neutral Grey (TAM81353) (TAM81753)
- Paint Brushes
- Pin Vise (TAM74050) (ZON37-145) (SQU10801)
- Toothpicks or Glue Tips